If you made it to the Fantasy championship as a streamer, I tip my hat to you. This has been a year full of landmines at the position with Jared Cook and Irv Smith only being the most recent examples. In Week 16, we’re going to keep it a little bit more simple. It’s Tyler Higbee or Austin Hooper, a couple of guys who have let us down plenty throughout the year.
Higbee faces a Seahawks defense that has merely been mediocre versus the position. But Higbee saw a season-high six targets against them earlier this year and had 116 yards against them in Week 14 of 2019. He’s also coming off a 16-point performance, but it’s hard to know how much to make about that because it was against the Jets.
Speaking of the Jets, they’re the main reason we’re streaming Hooper again. They’ve allowed the most Fantasy points to the position this season, including 13 touchdowns in 14 games. It seems the only risk to Hooper is that David Njoku or Harrison Bryant scores instead.
Week 16 TE Preview
Numbers to Know
- 65.5 — The Jets haven’t just allowed a lot of touchdowns, they’ve also allowed the most yards per game to tight ends.
- 26.5% — Darren Waller is responsible for more than a quarter of the Raiders air yards, tops among tight ends.
- 11 — Noah Fant saw 11 targets in Week 15 and has 18 in his past two games.
- 153 — Mike Gesicki had 153 yards in the two games before he injured his shoulder.
- 91.1 — Logan Thomas has scored 91.1 PPR points since Week 9, trailing only Travis Kelce and Waller.
Matchups that matter
Waiver Wire Targets
So who should you start and sit this week? And which surprising quarterback could lead you to victory? Visit SportsLine now to get Week 16 rankings for every position, plus see which QB is going to come out of nowhere to crack the top 10, all from the model that out-performed experts big-time last season.