Matthew Stafford could have a big day against the Cardinals.
Week 3 of the 2020 NFL season is here, and I am back once again for Week 3 Bold Predictions!
If you managed a 2-0 start, continue that momentum this week on your quest to the championship. If you started 1-1, this week is critical in ensuring your team is ascending, not declining. If you are currently 0-2, don’t give up hope yet, there is still time to turn your season around.
Understanding which plays to make this week could be the difference between a playoff berth down the road or finding yourself outside the bubble and playing in the consolation bracket. With the slew of injuries so far through two weeks, the waiver wire and deep sleepers have been the difference-maker for successful teams and those falling behind.
Let’s get started. Here are my eight Bold Predictions for Week 3!
- Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford will throw for 300+ yards and three touchdowns as the Detroit Lions upset the Arizona Cardinals on the road.
- Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler torches the insufferable Carolina Panthers defense, rushing for a score and also hauling in a receiving TD on his way to a top-5 RB finish for the week.
- Denver Broncos running back Melvin Gordon rushes for over 100 yards, secures three+ receptions, and rushes for a touchdown against the Tennessee Titans.
- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger finishes as the QB1 this week, throwing for over 350 yards and four TDs as the Steelers stomp the Houston Texans.
- Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp has a much-needed bounce-back game, hammering the Buffalo Bills defense for 80+ yards off six+ receptions and a touchdown.
- Handling the majority of touches due to a depleted unit, New England Patriots running back Rex Burkhead puts up 15+ fantasy points as the featured RB.
- Returning from a concussion that sidelined him last week, Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Chris Godwin goes off for 120+ yards from 6+ receptions and a score.
- With most of the catch passing core sidelined due to injury, New York Jets tight end Chris Herndon leads the team in targets/receptions/yards and finds the end zone for the first time this season on his way to a top-10 TE finish.
Week 3 is extremely important in understanding the depth of your roster and knowing your team’s strengths and weaknesses. Every fantasy GM is dealing with an injury or two, so the playing field is fairly leveled. As a sharp fantasy manager, evaluating who to pick up off waivers and which players have the best weekly matchups and should be plugged into your lineup is crucial.
The goal of my Bold Predictions is to shed light on players with great matchups that have ample opportunity to produce and ultimately win you the week.
If you want to dive deeper into fantasy football, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Football Tools as you navigate your season. From our Start/Sit Assistant – which provides your optimal lineup, based on accurate consensus projections – to our Waiver Wire Assistant – that allows you to quickly see which available players will improve your team, and by how much – we’ve got you covered this fantasy football season.